Monday, May 26, 2008

Was it Worth Buying? Magic Eraser

Every Sunday (or in this case it being a holiday I took a day extra to post) I will try to evaluate a recent purchase I have made and determine if it was worth the money I spent on it. Today I am taking at look at Mr Clean Magic Eraser Duo.



It retails in a 2-pk for around $3.34 and I'd pay 3 times that, if I had to. I have had one of these in my house as the required staple, just like paper towels and toilet paper. Yep it's that important!

The ad states that you can:
  • Use Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to erase scuff marks left on your floor.
  • Keep your home's interior doors, trim, and baseboard looking like new by using Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to remove scuff marks and dirt.
  • The writing is on the wall. Crayon marks? No problem. Just erase them with the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.
  • Make over your ride by using it to shine up your car's hubcaps and the interior console and dashboard.
  • Use Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to remove scuff marks on your patio furniture.
  • Use Mr. Clean Magic Eraser as part of The Cure for a Messy Medicine Cabinet.

I have never used it on my car, but let me tell you, using it on my house has been a complete dream! I have had to, on occasion, use this product to clean up any number of things which include but by no means are limited to: Black Sharpie, Pencil on the table, walls, crayon both washable and not washable off treated and unfinished wood (bed rails), Crayola marker off hard wood floors, mirrors, painted walls, and my personal favorite...Red dry erase marker off a white wall. Of all of those the only thing my magic eraser failed to clean was the dry erase marker, and to be honest the areas I scrubbed really hard came clean, it was just a lot of markings and after a number of hours I gave up...right around the time my arms gave out. I usually get a 2-pk and tear or cut each one in half that way they last longer. My jobs are usually very labor intensive and I bring out the Magic Eraser only after all other cleaning methods have failed. I personally don't understand the need for the sponge side, because I can't see that it cleans any better than a regular sponge, however since with a really heavy duty exhaustive job, the eraser tends to disintegrate over time, I do find it's nice to be able to have something else to hold on to that allows me to get the use of every tiny little fragment.
Absolutely! Until a better product comes along that does the job I will be keeping one of these in my house at all times!

1 comment:

christy p said...

You know, I would have NEVER thought to use it on my baseboards. And, I have only purchased ONE in my life....(and I have FOUR kids) Thank you for the GREAT ideas. I am hoping some deals come out on it soon so I can pick myself up some and start working on those scuff marks!