Sunday, May 18, 2008

Was it Worth Buying? VitaminWater


With all the research that I end up doing before a big purchase and how many times I regret having bought something that I don't research because it was a little purchase, I thought I might throw in some opinions or recommendations for products that I have enjoyed or really hated.

For my first review I thought I would address the problem of sleep deprivation. We all have it, some of us have more severe cases than others. For me, it's a daily battle just to keep my eyes open. We recently moved from out of state and for some reason I have spent every day falling asleep. With 3 kids, a dog and a house to take care of every day, this isn't exactly something that I can keep doing.

I have tried drinking soda, not a lot just a can or two a day. After the birth of my 3rd child I was put on a caffeine regiment to curtail my constant debilitating headaches that happen every day since she was born. Unfortunately, caffeine has never really woken me up done. I won't drink hard core energy drinks, for a number of reasons, not the least of which is, until recently I was nursing and I don't want to pump my child full of large amounts of stimulants. I also, honestly never really liked the taste of RedBull, Monster, Rockstar and the like. I tried a fruity drink in the spirit of Powerade and Gatorade called Torq, it promised energy with no caffeine and instead claimed to be all natural. The taste was alright, but the energy was fleeting if in existence at all. I tried the fully natural approach and just drank cold water in the mornings, ate apples things with a completely natural energy boost, but alas those didn't work either.

I was beginning to accept the fact that I might just never find something that will help wake me up or keep me awake for any length of time, when the weekly Ralphs flyer came. I am always on the look out to stock up on flavored drinks, water, Gatorade type drinks, and of course soda, so I was excited about the 10/$10 VitaminWater deal (ending tomorrow). The regular retail price seems to be around $1.49, but they appear to be on sale at one store or another fairly often. One of the things I hate about product information is that they are not always clear what you would buy this product for. Not so with the VitaminWater line. Not only are they incredibly detailed with their label but they are also very creative and entertaining. What more could you want from a product?

How about flavors? Well with 15 different types I won't list them all here but here you can see a list of all the different perfectly tailored options that are sure to assist you in whatever you need. For me it was the need to wake up, so Revive was the one for me. With a Fruit Punch flavor (not one of those strange made up names) I was eagerly awaiting an opportunity to try the "Hype". I found my chance the next morning as I struggled through my routines. The flavor is great and doesn't taste watered down as so many so called flavored waters often are. I drank it on the way to school and to my surprise and amazement IT WORKS! I spent the entire day not dragging myself home after dropping my kiddo off at school, not falling asleep as I sat down to check my savings blogs, not dragging myself back to school later that afternoon and not taking a nap (or struggling not to) when I got everyone home safe and sound! I happily passed the secret onto my husband to replace his daily Redbull fix. It worked wonderfully for him as well, but it didn't last as long for him, maybe he needs 2. Not everything works for everyone the same way, but for me I have since found that every time I have a Vitamin B (3,5,6 and 12) C and potassium packed fruit punch in the morning I know my day is going to go smoothly. Or at least if it doesn't, I know it won't be due to lack of energy!
Absolutely!

No comments: