Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Savings Saturday...(a bit late)

First I went to King Soopers


Total spent : 86.63
Total saved $121.77 or 59%


Then I went to Walmart to take advantage of cheap deli meat prices and some free items.

4 Oscar Mayer deli meat packages 2 each Roast Beef and Honey Ham $2.50 each down from $3
1 package sliced swiss cheese $2.42
1 package hot dog buns $1
1 bag of oranges (8 lbs) $3.98 (down from $6.98)
1 bunch of bananas .48
2 Cucumbers .68 each
1 bag Russel Stover Sugar Free turtles $1.50 (used $1.50/1 coupon to make it FREE)
2 J&J buddies soaps $.97 each (used $2/2 coupon to make both FREE)

Total spent: $21.02
Walmart doesn't break down your savings like the rest, but with the WAY cheap bananas, oranges, deli meat and the free items I'm pleased.


Finally I went to Target for almost free Kashi bars and WAY cheap milk.




2 Gallons of 1% milk $2.49 each
4 Kellogg's Fiber Plus bars $1.88 each (used 4 $.75/1 coupons)
1 Kashi Soft Fruit bars $2.67 (used a $2/1 coupon)

At this point I discovered that my cashier had a VERY strict interpretation of the word "purchase". This has been my first time that I had actually experienced this objection and I almost forgot the proper response. Which is btw..."an item is a purchase...the collection of items all at once is a transaction, so as long as you only use one coupon per item it's still fine." Unfortunately I got myself a cashier that told me that "we" (I assume target) consider them the same thing. Ok so 3 more individual transactions of .85 later (1 Kashi bar $2.75 less $2/1 coupon) .

Total over all transactions: $18.38
Total saved (according to Target): $15.60


Saturday I made another stop at Albertsons to take advantage of the deals I didn't already get
here.



2 French bread $1 each
8 Honey Bunches of Oats cereal $2 each (used $1/2 coupon, less .50 each for Big 10 Deal)
4 Boxes of Wheat Thins $2 each(used $2/2 coupon, less .50 each for Big 10 Deal)
3 Boxes of Ritz
AND
1 Box of Triscuits $2 each (used $2/2 coupon, less .50 each for Big 10 Deal)
4 SoBe Life Water $1 each (less .50 each for Big 10 Deal)
2 Dark Chocolate Chex mix $1 (used 2 $.50/1 coupon doubled)

Total Spent: $25.39
Total Saved: $57.38!


Topped it all off with a quick stop at Walgreens:

2 Reynolds Wrap Foil .89 each (used 1 $1/1 coupon...the other was returned to me)
6 Special Dark Hershey's Bars BOGO (used 3 BOGO coupons to get em all FREE)

Total Spent: $.85
It could have been less apparently, because they took the whole $1 value off the .89 foil. I wasn't able to use the last coupon because it would have had them giving me cash!

No comments: