Thursday, February 19, 2009

The benefits of a stockpile (revisited)

In an effort to prevent the wastefulness of my earlier couponing days, I am actually using the items I buy. Imagine that, actually taking the things out of their neat little pile and putting them to good use!

To make sure that my Pillsbury crescent and grands rolls don't go bad I am baking them and using them as an addition to snacks and part of dinner. To appease my generous husband who gave me a kitchen aid mixer for Christmas, I am having cookies or brownies in the house most, if not all of the time. And to make sure that the countless boxes and pouches of Betty Crocker Potato mix doesn't go to waste I am having a side more often than not in my nightly dinners.

Perhaps this is nothing unusual to most of you, but for me it has produced enormous benefits! As a result of always having treats ready and that I am willing to give out, my 5 year old, who would rather starve than eat anything new, has been trying more of my dinners! You would be amazed just how much of a motivator a home made (or even store bought specialty) cookie can inspire a finicky eater. On top of that, my ability to make dinners that are eaten by my entire family has removed a level of stress that has been in our house since I can't remember when.

I can't wait to see what other benefits I can discover!

No comments: