Friday, February 20, 2009

Cool stuff to find out about!

Forgive this Shameless plug for one of my favorite blogger sites *blush*

You've got to check out MNTK (otherwise known as Moms Need To Know).

Over the last few weeks I have gone stockpile CRAZY! I bought and froze a ton of grapes, blueberries, blackberries and strawberries! I found an article on MNTK talking about how she feeds her family on only $50 a week (be sure to check out all of this series). Part of this article links to a post on how to freeze just about anything and I kinda went overboard. The most important thing I froze was the blueberries. I have a child with food dye allergies and you'd be surprised how hard it can be to find blueberry muffin mix that doesn't have red dye added to make the blueberries look more purple! Nothing like that natural look to require unnatural dye. So I looked up some blueberry muffin recipes and when blueberries were .88 cents at Safeway a few weeks back I bought like 5 packages! I froze them using eHow.com.

The problem with baking any muffins, packaged mixes or homemade, in my house at least, is a case of hardware not working very well. My "nonstick" muffin tins quite frankly aren't and I have yet to produce anything in them that doesn't stick to the bottom or even worse burn! MNTK to the rescue again! Yesterday she shared with us how you can get FREE easybakeware products. I don't know if these are the infomercial style or not but they are guaranteed to work with a 60 day money back guarantee. PLUS since they are free all you really risk is shipping cost which is $7.95 standard or $1 if you sign up for a free trial of a service. You can get more than one item off the site too. Standard orders above $25 are free shipping, and they will take the most expensive item in your cart and make that one FREE.

I started off with 3 products, the muffin tins, some spoonulas (which I love) and some cool looking collapsible measuring cups. My total was 27 something aka free shipping, but I realized that I was trying not to buy things I don't need and after a quick web search, I found that spoonulas can go for as little as $14.95 considerably cheaper than easybakeware's price of $29.95 (which BTW was my most expensive item). In the end I restrained myself, bought my 1 item, my muffin tins, and signed up to get the $1 shipping. A word of caution, write down the number for the trial company (as MNTK urges) because at least for me, the email went into my spam and I almost didn't find it. Calling and cancelling is simple (I LOVE these kinds of companies). They know most of us don't really want the service so their first prompt is a cancellation option. You push the button a couple times and you are done. It takes 24 hours though so don't wait until the 6th day to cancel or you may find yourself with a bill!

No comments: