Wednesday, February 4, 2009

It never hurts to ask.

So I have been missing out on most of the good deals Safeway has had lately. Due to the fact that I am more than 12 miles away from any Safeway, my post office has neglected to include their flyer in my collection. I am in the area once a week so if I know the deals to get, I can take advantage of them. I can get a basic idea from MNTK but with a different name in a different state, the produce items don't always line up. On top of that, if you are in possession of a print flyer for any Walmart competitor (and let's face it, with all they sell who isn't) they will match your deal in their store! I can't say enough about this deal and even with all the issues I've had with Walmart, this particular benefit gets me in their store a whole lot more!

But I digress. At any rate, I called Safeway's customer service line and asked them if they could send me a weekly insert. They took my address and that was it, in 2-3 weeks I will once again be able to partake in the deals from the store that used to be my favorite, before I moved to the land of SUPERS. After all with, now FIVE stores to choose from, all of which hosting their own bakery...you still can't beat Safeway's French Bread (and now I find out they even slice it to your desired thickness)!

Who knows, maybe once I get my inserts I will be inspired to do my own grocery deals again, like I did in my last town.

No comments: