Wednesday, August 27, 2008

WFMW (Naked Breakfast)

Well it's been awhile since I have posted on this, but I figured I'd get back into the game with a tip I like to call "Naked Breakfast"

My just shy of 2 years old daughter is utensil obsessed! She insists on having cereal in a bowl with milk and a "poon" just like her older siblings, same with spaghetti which not even my 5 year old can effectively keep on a fork.

The rule in our house has always been dressed before breakfast, because my boys will eat until it's time to leave if allowed. Now with my little girl I've had to reverse the order. First I tried to just take off her shirt but her pants got ruined with all the milk she would spill in her attempts to "eat like a big girl". After going through 2 or more outfits every meal I opted to strip her down to a diaper when eating messy foods. A bib would probably have done the job, but she won't wear one, so ya do what ya gotta do.

On a similar note I also keep tooth brushing items in the downstairs bathroom as the first thing the the kids do after eating dinner and the last thing they do when walking out the door in the morning. With kids as easily distracted as mine, out of sight out of mind and convenience is the key.

Want to see more WFMW, check out
RocksInMyDryer

6 comments:

Becky said...

I know! I have the same problem with my two-year old and it seems like I never learn! Now I just sit him at the table still in his jammies, and when he's finished, I peel them off and throw them straight into the washer.

I have heard of these things called bibs, but somehow this technology has not come to our house!

Llama Momma said...

I love it!!!

Jane Anne said...

I decided to opt to have toothbrushes in our downstairs "guest" bathroom, too. It sure makes brushing before leaving in the morning much, much easier!

Janelle said...

We do naked lunch a lot around here and my dd eats breakfast in her jammies!

Jacquelyn: Because I Said So! said...

OK, I admit I clicked over because I thought maybe Naked Breakfast was a new way to lose weight (if I ate naked, I would never eat again) or a new dating strategy (blindfolds would be mandatory), and found a woman after my own heart! When the climate allowed, we had Naked Breakfast for the same reasons—bibs were for ripping off and my kiddies ate and talked with their hands and the result was truckloads of laundry for no good reason. Bravo to you!

Nichole said...

Ha! That's awesome. My daughter's mostly past the spilling-stuff-everywhere phase, but I'm filing this one away for when the baby wants to feed himself.