Friday, August 22, 2008

If at first you don't succeed...

Try try again! I went back to Walgreens to try the Wheat Thins deal, now that my mistake has been realized from before, and Success! I got the Jell-O, the Wheat Thins, the Peanut Butter, Hemorrhoid wipes, more Cheerios and even a few extra things on the side.



Here are the deals I managed to pull off.

12 boxes of Jell-O (.39 each with Walgreen's coupon)
4 boxes of Wheat Thins (free with all the Jell-O with All You coupons)
6 Jars Skippy Peanut Butter (3/$5 times 2)
4 boxes of Cheerios/Honey Nut Cheerios (.99 each with $1 printable)
3 Hemorrhoid Travel Wipes (free after $2/1 ES coupon and $3/1 printable for each)
6 pack of bic highlighters ($1 as a substitute for their 4/$1 highlighter deal)
2 Fiskar Scissors ($2.49 BOGO)

It took two transactions because the manager was convinced that using the All You coupon would void the RR from printing out. She was nice enough to break them up so I could void out the Wheat Thins if I had wanted to, in the event I didn't get the RR. Lucky for me I did get them, however. $3 RR for the Wheat Thins and $4 for the Peanut Butter.

The Total Spent for the two transactions:$22.02
Total Saved: $59.04!

Not bad for my first okay second attempt at the Walgreen's Game!

1 comment:

Wildsissy said...

not bad! keep at it! I'm only 2 months in and I make a ton of mistakes, I over prepare and under prepare and over think all the time.. but sometimes I get really great deals without even trying! go figure!