Tuesday, August 19, 2008

NOT so Super Savings...

I decided to post this as a reminder of how good I have been doing using coupons and carefully planning my trips. The following is a result of virtually NO coupon usage and even less planning in an unfamiliar town while I try to replenish my frozen foods and refrigerator items.

I discovered I can do a triangle of sorts from my house to Target-KingSoopers and finally Walmart (across the street from King Soopers). It's not as good as my 10 stores all clustered around each other that I had in California, but I'm making due.

Target:

Pork Chops 10 pk
Stouffers Lasagna Party Size
Hanes Bikini 7 pk
Ziplock Bags 25 ct (2)
Bays English Muffins
Pre Packaged Romaine Hearts (2)
Kid Cuisine Frozen Dinners (2)
2lb Bag of Plums
2lb Bag of Nectarines (2)
Deli Sliced Swiss Cheese
Chuck E Cheeze String Cheese (2)
Tyson frozen Chicken Nuggets (2)
Crystal Light 3 pk single serve powders
1/2 Watermelon
Pepsi 24 oz 6 pk (2)
Diet Pepsi 12 pk (2)

Total Spent:91.22
Total Saved with coupons: $1.50!!!!!!!


It makes me sick just thinking about it.

King Soopers:

Sooperb Wheat Bread (4)
Honey Bunches of Oats
Honey Nut Cheerios
Tropicana Orange Juice 128 oz
Lean Cuisine various flavors (10)
Kroger Honey Nut Chex
Purina One Dog Food 20lb bag

Total Spent: 53.84
Total Saved with coupons $5!!!
and that was just using their nestle promo I found out about IN the store!

WalMart:

Gallon 1% milk
Bunch Bananas
Walmart Brand Cream Cheese
Energizer AA Batteries 6 pk
Austin Cheese & Peanut Butter Crackers

Total Spent: 13.43
Total Saved with coupons: ZERO!!!
At least I didn't have much to get there.

Verdict: Once you coupon, you can't ever go back! It hurts too much. MNTK said when explaining why she stockpiles, the goal is not to have to pay more than .80 for a box of name brand cereal. Considering how much cereal my kids eat on a weekly basis that's a pretty good motivation for me and one I quote to my husband quite often when explaining why I do what I do. The bonus is, now that I am caught up on my survival food, I can afford to stick with planning and cutting coupons. I'll keep you all posted on how it goes from here.

No comments: