Thursday, March 19, 2009

One bad banana...

Spoils the whole bunch...or so I hear.

I promise this isn't becoming a food blog. I don't know nearly enough about it to make it my focus, but I have recently decided that I read way more blogs than any sane person would ever consider, and so I am going to start sharing info that my limited readership might be interested in that they wouldn't normally read elsewhere.

With that in mind...I read today over at Carrie's Cooking a great tip for extending the life of your bananas. Check it out. I always seem to be walking the tightrope between running out of banana's too fast or rationing them into the point where they brown. I'll take any help I can get!

1 comment:

Gootopia said...

I've been told this also... to break them apart instead of hanging them... It was from a 80-ish year old guy that was bagging my groceries for me... I tend to believe the elders... because, hey they've lived longer and have experienced more. So this time when I went home i broke them apart instead of hanging them on my banana tree stand. Sure enough they last over a week !! I've also noticed that those green veggie bags that they sell to prolong your fruits and vegetables really do work. I use them mostly for vegetables that will be refrigerated and it does keep things crips and makes them last longer. Thanks for the tip!