Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Culinary Catastrophes - Bubble Pizza

It's time for another attempt to create something new for me in the kitchen and to see what I end up with.

Today I'm making Bubble Pizza. Of course, this wouldn't be my blog if I had all the necessary ingredients, my kids were willing to eat the ingredients or some part of me didn't interfere with the step by step procedure. With that in mind, here we go...

I started out with refrigerated grands biscuits (as opposed to the frozen package in the recipe). They also happened to be butter flavored, so I'm not quite sure what that will do to the flavor. Has anyone ever ordered buttered pizza before?

I also opted not to cut up the biscuits into quarters because, honestly I couldn't figure out why I should use an entire jar of pizza sauce when I had no toppings whatsoever (at least available to me right now). I placed the biscuits in rows of 2 and there was enough room in the baking dish for all 8 of them. I pushed down the center of each one to create a little grove for the sauce and ladled a spoonful or so of sauce into each one, smoothing it out.


I was going to try to take pictures , but I forgot so this is a few minutes into the oven.



I put them in the oven at 350 for 15 minutes (the package says 13-17) and then removed them to add the mozzarella cheese (I had the right cheese this time) sprinkled on top and then put them back in the oven for another 10 minutes.




So basically I have made fairly elaborate mini pizzas. Just sauce and cheese and nothing else. Beats English muffins in a toaster oven I guess. My prediction is that these will be a big hit as with no toppings my kids haven't met a pizza they didn't like LOVE. If something goes wrong I'll be sure to let you all know, otherwise tune in next week for another round of...




edit:I was right, my kids LOVED these! And having the biscuits butter flavored added a nice contrast to the tang of the sauce. I will definitely be making these again soon!

No comments: