Friday, November 28, 2008

Run run as fast as you can...

Well it's 1am on Black Friday and already I can see how poor planning has cost me. I decided to hit the Kohls "door buster" deals online starting at 11pm MT. I picked out a King down alternative comforter for 24.99 (normally 119.99) and went about my shopping. By the time I got to check out (20 minutes later) my cart was conspicuously lighter and cheaper. Turns out my comforter got removed and rightfully so, since that particular item no longer existed!

Oh well live and learn I guess. In the end I bought 5 things ranging in retail price from 6.99 to 89.99 and after a 15% off coupon followed by a free shipping coupon, my total was only 65.01. Not as good as I'm sure some people will do later on today, but good enough for me sitting on my couch staying up only a little bit later than I normally would.

Now I get to go to bed not do the door buster deals and see how much I can take advantage of Walmart's price match policy (even on black Friday deals) at a reasonable time of day.

Wish me luck!

No comments: