Sunday, January 4, 2009

I LOVE Big Government...don't you?

Ok so I was checking my normal plethora of blogs and I came upon this wonderful gut wrenching piece of news. For those of you who get the majority of your children's clothes second hand, this information is devastating!

Turns out after Feb 10th 2009 a major law goes into effect that will basically render the second hand clothing business obsolete. Not, I'm afraid because no one will need to purchase those clothes, but more, because no one will be able to afford them anymore.

Check out Babycheapskate for full details as well as links to actual articles addressing this. For those of you who using local consignment stores, pay particular attention to the LA Times link as the founder of Kid to Kid expects to "lock our doors and file for bankruptcy".

Isn't it nice when someone decides to step in and "solve" the problem at the expense of everyone else? I'm sure there was another way to address this concern without making so many suffer in the process.

No comments: